mandag 28. januar 2013

Vintage inspiration..

I have always loved vintage clothing and accessories. Actually I love anything with some history attached to it. And I love hunting for these little treasures as well. It used to be almost impossible to get me to drive past the odd car-boot sale in the country, but I have over the years relaxed and I now take the opportunity to go treasure hunting when when the occasion naturally arise, or I take the time and a pair of comfortable shoes to go "hunting" more locally.

There are plenty of places to find vintage jewellery and brooches in Central London too. Portobello market is probably the natural starting point, but I have also picked up some nice pieces in the tiny little market on in the courtyard of St James's Church on Piccadilly. It is an antiques market every Tuesday and there are quite a few stalls with some interesting vintage jewellery pieces to be found.





This little beauty was found amongst pottery and crockery of all sorts. I loved the feathers and the colours, of this brooch, which is enamelled probably from the 50's (I was told...)

I found some leather in similar colours at home and made this bag. This pattern is BEATRICE. Two different colours used.



Another day, another inspiration:




This little brooch was also put on a BEATRICE bag:



Please feel to enquire about the patterns, as I can easily email them on PDF files.

Lots of love
KJ


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar